As I am writing this, it is with great regret, deep remorse, paining sorrow, and a heavy heart… Summer is officially GONE!!! (Insert an unlimited number of sad face and crying emojis). Like seriously, BRING HER BACK LORD!!! I am not ready to see her go! Summer… my bestie… my A1… my friend… The hurt I’m feeling right now is like sitting in a window and watching your best friend pack up and move away to a different COUNTRY! A country of beautiful warm and sunny weather, full of gorgeous blue sky days, breathtaking sunsets, and endless cozy warm nights. My bestie… My favorite girl… Summer… She is gone away. What is life without my homie?! We have THE BEST times of all! Who else am I going to ride alone with, windows down, sunroof open, feeling the warm breeze, inhaling the fresh air, blasting music, dancing and singing my favorite jams as loud as I can?! Grooving off key, yet as happy as can be?!?! Who?! Tell me who! I mean, Autumn is OK , but a bit bipolar when she first comes around. Can’t quite choose whether she wants to be hot or cold, but the longer she stays, the more annoyed I become with her. And Winter?! Her and I don’t rock AT ALL!!! I can’t stand her! She looks pretty at times, but she’s hella dirty and so cold-hearted! I CAN’T!!! 30 years of dealing with her and I still can’t cope with her ways… She’s not people of my people! Spring… She can be a bit emo… Always crying… I mean she’s cool and all, but she’s not my Summer… Bottom line is, I wish I had a special button, a magic wand, a time machine, some glittery red slippers I can clap together, or just some frequent flyer miles to visit my girl Summer wherever she has moved to, until she comes back to visit me in Chicago again.
If you have yet to gather the impression from my previous statements, Summer is my absolute favorite time of the year. More particularly, as this blog is so affectionately titled, summertime in Chicago is my favorite. There’s just something about it! The warm weather, the atmosphere, the entire ambiance of the city itself is a whole mood. Chicago has SO MUCH to offer, and summertime in Chicago has even more! There’s all of the parades, the festivals, the carnivals, the shows, the food, the beach, the scenery, the pier… It’s amazing!!! None of which I got to experience this entire summer!!! Whyyyyy not you ask?!?! BECAUSE I’M A WORK-A-HOLIC!!! Want to know where I was or what I did all #Summer’18, the answer is working!!! Not one vacation, no trips to the beach for me, no Chicago activities AT ALL!!! Y’all I slept on summer in Chicago and now Summer is gone!!! “Alexa, play Beyonce All I Could Do Was Cry!!!”
In loving memory of Summer, I have included my summer playlist. It is a compilation of songs amassed across the duration of my time this year with Summer. All of the songs that we grooved to, sang along with, created new memories with or relived old times.
This list is…
- …Not all inclusive! I’m sure there are many other songs that I jammed to over the summer and simply forgot to add them to my playlist in the mist of me singing and driving!
- …Not in any order of importance or preference to me! This is simply the order in which I heard them and they were added to the list.
- …SO RANDOM! Genres all over the place! Definitely doesn’t follow one specific group!
- These songs are all DOPE! They’re all definitely #Mood! (At least they’re my mood) LOL
- If the song includes (***) next to it, it’s indicative of the fact that I’ve listened to it more than 10… probably 20 (or more) times… It’s a good song… Maybe you should add it to your playlist too! LOL
- Don’t judge my life!!! I LIKE WHAT I LIKE AND I WILL NOT BE SHAMED FOR IT!!! #RatchetMusicMatters! #RatchetMusicLoversMatterToo
- You can click on the songs below and listen to each of them!
SUMMER 2018 PLAYLIST!!!
- Drake- Nice for What***
- Cardi B- Be Careful***
- Cardi B ft. Chance the Rapper- Best Life***
- Cardi B ft. Bad Bunny & J Balvin- I Like It
- Ella Mai- Naked***
- Ari Lennox- Night Drive*****
- Ari Lennox- La La La La
- Daniel Caesar ft. Kali Uchis- Get You*****
- O.T. Genasis- Everybody Mad
- Ella Mai- Boo’d Up***
- Jessie Reyez ft. Daniel Caesar- Figures***
- Demi Lovato- Sorry Not Sorry***
- Queen Naija- Medicine*****
- Demi Lovato- You Don’t Do It For Me Anymore
- Shyne ft. Barrington Levy- Bonnie & Shyne
- Queen Naija- Karma***
- Tobe Nwigwe- DAY ONES.
- Tobe Nwigwe & Tim Woods ft. Fat, Nell & Luke Whitney- Ten Toes*****
- Tobe Nwigwe- RIDE.
- Tobe Nwigwe- MURDER.
- Tobe Nwigwe- CHILL.
- Tobe Nwigwe- THE BLUES.
- Tobe Nwigwe- ZEN MASTER.
- Tobe Nwigwe- SNAP.***
- Tobe Nwigwe- JOCKIN**********
- Tobe Nwigwe- I CHOOSE YOU.***
- Tobe Nwigwe- FUEGO.
- Tobe Nwigwe ft. Lhitney & Fat- 100K.*****
- Tobe Nwigwe- SWAY.
- Tobe Nwigwe- HARD.
- Tobe Nwigwe- HEAT ROCK.
- Tobe Nwigwe- REALITY.
- Post Malone ft. Nicki Minaj- Ball for Me
- Khalid & Normani- Love Lies***
- Chance the Rapper- I Might Need Security**********
- Lil Duval ft. Snoop Dogg & Ball Greezy- Smile B!&%$
- K-Pilla- Hustlaz Anthem**********
- Tobe Nwigwe ft. David Michael Wyatt- I’m Dope**********
- Tobe Nwigwe- Wavy
- Plies- Sackway
- Buddy ft A$AP Ferg- Black***
- Smino- Netflix & Dusse***
- Smino- Anita
- Tobe Nwigwe- COLOR.
Disclaimer #1: I know y’all see a lot of Tobe Nwigwe on my list. I discovered Tobe over the summer and I LOVE everything about him and his team!!! They’re the dopest! Like their whole vibe is legit! I strongly recommend exploring his catalog because he’s definitely about to BLOW UP!!!
FOLLOW TOBE NWIGWE & TEAM ON SOCIAL MEDIA:
Tobe YouTube Page: https://www.youtube.com/user/tobenwigwe
Tobe IG: @tobenwigwe
Fat IG: @theycallmefat
Nell IG: @lanellgrant
Disclaimer #2: K-Pilla IS MY FAMILY!!! Naw like legit, he’s bro for real!!! Hustlaz Anthem QUICKLY became one of my summer favorites! (Hence the 10 * behind the song title!) Only 4 songs won that distinction out of the entire list, and he was absolutely one of them! He’s definitely a talent of his own and once again, he comes highly recommended by me! His music can be found across your streaming platforms!
FOLLOW K-PILLA ON SOCIAL MEDIA:
K-Pilla YouTube Page: KPILLATV
K-Pilla IG: @thisiskpilla
OK, I was about to sell myself hella short. I literally forgot that I did get away from work for 2 events this summer!!! First, I went and saw one of my absolute FAVORITES EVER, Sam Smith in concert for the very first time and it was AMAZING!!! He was so worth every penny and I had AWESOME seats! My sisters and I had a BLAST that night! He sung all of our hits and we sung right along with him at the top of our lungs for every song! I love Sam!
Stay Loyal, Stay Royal!
A WELCOME, HELLO, HEY-GIRL-HEY FROM THE QUEEN!
Hello my loves and welcome back to my kingdom! If this is your first time visiting my page, WELCOME! I hope you enjoyed yourself and stick around for more! Better yet, JOIN THE KINGDOM! Don’t forget to like this post, like/follow/subscribe to my page for notifications of all future postings! Feel free to leave a comment below! I’d love to hear your feedback, any questions or comments! Most importantly, if you did enjoy my post, SHARE IT WITH YOUR FAMILY/FRIENDS! Don’t forget to go back and read and past postings that you may have missed! Thank you all!